Halloween use to be my least favorite holiday. I HaTeD trying to find costumes for my kids. Everything I liked, they would hate. I would spend hours on their make-up, only to find them in the bathroom minutes later,washing it all off. Not to mention walking up and down the street in the freezing cold with a little one stuttering tttrick-or-tttttreat. As you try to bribe them with anything to get them to go back home and they are begging for one more house. But the last few years I have either mellowed out or changed my thought process. I have let my kids pick out their own costumes and if they want to be Batman for three years in a row, I smile and say GrEaT! I have learned that pirates and monsters and ghosts don't necessarily need their faces done up to be cute. Pumpkins don't have to be Martha Stewart and every dinner doesn't have to have a Halloween theme. Someday, I will miss the endless candy wrappers that I find everywhere for at least two weeks after Halloween. There won't be anyone around to tell me that everything is "SpOoKy" and there will be nobody left to say "bye-bye SpIdErS as we leave our house. Yes, this year I remembered....to just breathe.
This is what happens when you tell a thirteen year old that he can NOT go trick or treating without a costume. Yes, they all went into Walgreens and came up with this. Baseball bandits or something to that effect.



0 comments:
Post a Comment