You never appreciate having a mother, until you become one yourself. It's unbelievable to me, how much of my life is taken up by my children. Sometimes, I go to bed at night so exhausted that I fall asleep in the middle of my prayers. It wasn't until recently that I realized, I am praying all day long! They may not be on my knees, eyes closed prayers. But, they are just as heartfelt. I start praying as soon as my boys leave the house to go to school. All day long I am talking to God about my boys, my husband, my life, my sanity. Have I done enough? Who will protect my boys after they walk through that door? Who will shield them from all the dangers and horrors of the world. How did my mother do it? It never stopped when I grew up either, now her circle of worry has just grown larger. Now it includes, grandchildren and son-in-laws, daughter-in-laws and their families too. I find great peace in prayer. It is so nice to hear my mom say we are praying for you. I am sure that my mom talks to God all day just like I do. Mom, I love you. I'll never quite be able to compete with the fabulous outfits you made for me out of our bedspreads and drapes, but I have a greater appreciation of all the love that was put into every stitch. I hope that my family quilt will posess many of the qualities that you passed down to me. Thank you for loving me.
First Day of School
10 years ago



3 comments:
I love pictures of your mom and you. You look so much like her and have her same spunk! I am just learning the worries of a mother and it tires me out just with one! Hope you had a great mothers day and that the boys spoiled you just for a little bit.
I love my Donna Ross. What a great picture. It needs to be up everywhere all the time. Motherhood is an interesting beast that is for sure. I'm grateful to your mom too - she raised a great daughter
Happy Mothers day!
Post a Comment