I can't think of the day that Garrett was born without crying. A matter of fact, I was telling Garrett about the day he was born and he was so sad that he started to cry too. He truly was a blessing from Heavenly Father. How easily both he and I could have died that day. I'll never forget waking up that morning and seeing all that blood. Yet, I, still in true Marten or maybe even Baxter fashion, proceeded to try and clean up the mess and the house because I knew that people would be over! We rushed to St. Marks hospital and since I had changed clothes, they didn't see all the blood that I had lost. They were almost going to let me go home and then I told them that I felt a gush again. All I remember was the nurse lifting up my sheet and then everything became a blur. They rushed me into the OR and told Jared that he couldn't come in with me. They put me out and that's all the memory I have of Garrett being born. Upon waking up, I knew I didn't have a baby inside me anymore, but I was to terrified to even ask if he was ok, IF he was even alive. I remember pleading with Heavenly Father that if he had to take Garrett to take me too. I knew that Jared couldn't handle raising three boys by himself. Finally, I saw Jareds face and knew that he was ok. Apparently, they had taken him to the NICU becasue he had asperated. I had hemorragged and lost alot of blood resulting in a blood transfusion. The doctor on call, told my OBGYN that I had shaved seven years from his life. I still hadn't seen my baby, but Jared had a polaroid that they had taken and I was able to hold him close to my heart..... I still do.
First Day of School
10 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment