BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Garrett's Bike Parade


So, I have a confession to make. I have a son who has inherited one of my less desirable traits. He is STUBBORN. Now, in most families, the younger siblings learn and accomplish things at a faster pace than their older siblings. I hear this might be due to the fact that they want to be just like them. Well, I have a 6 year old that could care less. I hate to admit that he just barely learned to ride a two wheeler. Yes, I begged, bribed, teased, yelled and anything else I could think of to get him on that bike. He didn't care. He had a scooter and in his world, that's all one needed to get around. Two weeks before the bike parade he decided he was ready and within half an hour he was wobbling around our cul-de-sac. Then... he was done. So the bike parade comes up and he wants to take his bike. I am about to try and convince him to take his scooter but I kept quiet and that morning I take him and his bike to school.
This is when..20 minutes before the parade begins, he informs me that his bike is suppose to be decorated! So, I run to the store and get some flags and balloons and run back to put them on his bike.



He was SO excited and after a wobbly start he was off and running. Next goal, to get him further than the lift line at Park City Mountain!



0 comments: