BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Salt Lake Slam

This weekend was the Salt Lake Slam which is a National wrestling competition. There were boys here from as far away as Pennsylvania. This event is usually held in Salt Lake but lucky for us, they held it here in good 'ole Wasatch County at the Pony Palace. After starving themselves all day to make sure they made weight Friday night, we went to Dairy Keen and then home to bed, being extremely grateful that we weren't in a hotel like most of the other wrestlers. On Saturday, Jared left at 7 to go up to Logan for a baptism with GG and Crew. I headed off to the Pony Palace with the boys. Now, I admit, that I am for the most part, a very nervous sports mom. But, with wrestling, I am a complete wreck! Those three 1:30 periods are agonizingly slow. Tag has even admitted that it is worse than pitching or playing QB.





Tag, did really well and ended up placing 2nd. This was his first national competition. The poor kid had to wrestle his best friend for his first match. They promised each other that no matter what happened they would stay friends. Well, Tag ended up pinning him. Ian went on to take third place so we all felt a little better. Tag lost only one match and it was to the same boy that he has lost to all season. Every one of their matches ends up going into overtime. A couple have even gone into double overtime. Tag always loses by just a point or two. He is SO frustrated because it is the only kid he hasn't been able to beat. I think it is all mental at this point and he will eventually get the best of this boy. Until then, the trophies were pretty rockin' and he had a good time.

0 comments: