BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree..

It is time, once again, for the annual Christmas tree cutting adventure. It begins the first Friday of November at 5:30 A.M. with mom, venturing out on her own, to Soldier Hollow. There she stands in line in the freezing cold until 8:00 when she will then have the opportunity to purchase a tree tag. They only give out 1,000 on Friday and 1,000 on Saturday. They sell out EVERY year. This year they did something different and started handing out wristbands at 6:00. With this wristband, you could return at any time between 8 and 12 and purchase your tree tag. What an amazing concept! I could actually go back home and crawl into bed for a couple of hours. Which is exactly what I did!



After much debate, measuring and driving back and forth between the two winners, we decided on this one. Once again, by the time we got it on the truck, we realized it was a LITTLE to big and would have to be cut down a bit before coming into the house.


I am so grateful that I have Tag around to do all the dirty work. I can just stand around and take pictures of everyone. Oh, that and chase the dog around who kept taking Crew's hat and gloves.



































There's something special about that "first snow" that children can't resist. They threw snowballs and broke branches, made snow angels and ate dirty snow. What more do you need to be happy? I can't wait to decorate! Tai Pan here I come!!

0 comments: