We had a crazy week this 4th of July with both boys playing in the Firecracker Tournament. We had games on Thursday and Friday and if we advanced we would play on Saturday. Needless to say, that doesn't leave much room for planning an extravagant holiday. However, neither of the boys advanced to the championship and we were actually looking forward to a quiet Saturday at home. Well, my friend Elysa, scored us some awesome tickets to the Stadium of Fire. Now, my husband doesn't like anything that involves crazy kids, traffic, long lines or crowds, but we talked him into going......
We had AWESOME seats! On the lawn about 5 rows back from the stage. We watched She Daisy put on a great show but that was nothing compared to what happened when the lights went down, and out came Jared's most FAVORITE band in the whole world......
the JONAS BROTHERS!
I am serious when I say we were that close to them. I took that picture. I was surprised at how good of a performance they put on. I actually knew the words to a couple of songs. Because we had such great seats, we were allowed to actually go up to the stage which Kade and his friend Brody were quick to do. I didn't however, see Garrett follow them until it was too late and all I could see was his little baseball cap disappearing into a sea of hormone crazed teenagers. I went in after him but he had vanished. I stood there for two songs telling myself that he was in there somewhere and would eventually come out to get a snack or maybe to breathe? Finally, I see Kade coming out with a grip on Garretts T-shirt. He stopped long enough to drop him off and then ran back in! Sure enough, he wanted to know where his Airhead Extremes were...
Crew loved the fireworks, and other than debris falling on top of us, a good time was had by all. We even caught Jared shaking his bootie a couple of times. He even took the two hour drive home in stride. Now, maybe next year they will have Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails perform? Just a suggestion.



2 comments:
Hey Donielle how are you? I saw your blog on Rosie Ravens and wanted to catch up on you. You look great, your kids are darling and your baby is getting big. It's been a long time. Is that Elysa Henderson? I used to clean for her. Your family is darling:)
I KNEW IT!!! I knew she didn't clean her own house! It is too stinkin clean all the time! WE need to meet up at 7 peaks sometime. Do you guys have a pass?
Post a Comment