Of course, everything happens when Jared is out of town... Tag thought he would take the four wheeler out and go pick up his little brothers from the bus stop. Crew was out in the garage begging to get on the four wheeler with Tag and of course, he couldn't resist. Well, I was in the house and happened to look out the window and see the two of them driving down the street. I grab my keys and proceed to go after them. By the time I got to the corner, I could no longer see them so I started driving down the other road. I see them down in a grassy area on a walking path but they were all off the four wheeler and so I thought they were playing. I pull the car over and that is when I realize they are all crying. Tag is holding Crew, and Kade comes running up to the car yelling something about how they were all going to die. Tag brings Crew up and I am holding him trying to calm him down, and sort through all the hysterical nonsense the boys are throwing at me. I finally get enough info out of them to realize that the four wheeler had tipped, throwing all the boys off. I start asking Tag if Crew had hit his head, because at first glance, he looked OK, he really couldn't remember. I am trying to be calm and stress the point that it is very important to know if Crew had hit his head. I finally have consoled Crew but Kade is freaking out that Crew was going to die. Not seeing any blood, I decide that maybe we should drive home and try to calm everyone down. We get home and by this time Crew's face is turning purple and he has quite a few goose bumps on his head and one side of his face. Kade is screaming that we need to take him to the doctor. I start getting worried and so all five of us pile into the car, because nobody wanted to stay home, and we head off to the urgent care. I think this poor doctor thought we were a freak show! They are all in tears, Garrett's asking him if his little brother is dying, and Kade is yelling at Tag that he killed Crew. Crew is crying and doesn't want anything to do with the doctor and Tag is trying to hug Kade and tell him he's sorry. The doctor after checking him out, doesn't feel good sending him home, and wants us to take him to get a CT scan to make sure he doesn't have any blood on his brain. So now Garrett's freaking out about the whole blood thing and thinks Crew is for sure dying. The other two are in tears and it was all we could do to get out of there. At this point, I know I am not taking all of them to Primaries so I dropped Garrett and Kade at a friends and Tag and I took off to the hospital. We get to the ER and it was pretty full. They do a quick evaluation and then send us off to the waiting room with instructions not to let him drink or eat anything. So off we go to the waiting room with the two HUGE vending machines full of yummy drinks and treats. Luckily for us, head trauma is high on the list of importance and we only sat there for about 3 minutes. We sure did get alot of nasty looks though. Well, after much crying, poking, prodding, blood drawing, urine collecting, CT scanning, and x-rays, they determined there wasn't any blood on his brain and his face wasn't fractured. They released us after about 5 hours but not without giving Crew one of their famous slurpees which made everything OK to him. Me.....it may take awhile.
First Day of School
10 years ago



1 comments:
What a story! I can see all those boys frantic. Quite a sight I'm sure. Gotta Love head trama. The unknown is the worst part as well as the guilt of it all. Glad you're all ok!
Post a Comment