Wrestling is one of those sports that I am still trying to understand. You see first, you have to dye your hair blond or black. Well, last year we went for the blond look and it was pretty scary. This year we decided to go with black. Tag is wrestling on the Jr. High team and the state championship was in Richfield. Wrestling is alot of waiting. Sometimes you can wait hours until your child wrestles. Then, they call your childs name and your heart starts beating like crazy. There are no excuses in wrestling. It is just you and the other guy. You can't blame it on the team, or the weather, or the ball. It is the longest few minutes of a mothers life. I was in charge of video taping and it's hard to cheer for your child and video tape at the same time while your child is rolling all over a mat. Tag won all his matches and made it into the championship round. All the boys who made it into the championship round were announced one by one along with their parents name and their opponents name. The two boys run out through a smoke screen with the lights out and the strobe lights going . They shake hands in the middle and then return to opposite sides of the mats. Tag was wrestling another boy who had also won all his matches. This boy however, had beat Tag before in a Jr. High dual earlier in the year. Tag wrestled his heart out and ended up beating the boy 8-6. I was screaming like one of those crazy wrestling moms that I swore I would never be like. Also, took some video of the ceiling... The cool part was that they did an awards ceremony like the olympics. They were called out on the podium and were given medals by some cute girls. Well......my son... was dared by the coaches and team to try and get the girl to kiss him. They promised him dinner anywhere he wanted to go. So, my son asked the girl for a kiss as he bent down to get his medal. And I'll be darned if that girl didn't kiss him! He must get it from his father....
First Day of School
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment